Thursday, August 15, 2013

This is a photo of me taken in East Africa in early 1969. I was about to leave the Friends World Institute farm, located at the "Kaptagat Arms Hotel" (see below), to go on safari in the game reserves of southern Kenya and Tanzania, before heading to Zanzibar. Watching the Land Rover being loaded up, I was stoned out of my mind on the best grass I ever smoked.




This a view of the main building at Kaptagat, where we used to sit on the veranda every morning and have coffee and try to recover from the previous night of smoking grass. One reason we were so loaded is that this is at 8,000 feet so there's less oxygen and we depended on having good fires... the smoke of which can be seen over the building to the right. This was the most beautiful place I ever lived- Kenya- which is where the British sent all their bad boys and girls, sort of the California of the Empire, known as "a place in the sun for shady people."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers